Tradeshows are a hub of activity and one of the most competitive places in the world. So how do you compete and win at tradeshows? These three tricks help companies just like yours build a trade show marketing strategy that helps them succeed in the highly competitive world of tradeshows.
3 Top Trade Show Marketing Ideas
- Be Active: Every member of your team needs to be "on" every minute they are in your booth. Being active is not necessarily about selling every second. It is more about being available and welcoming:
- Say, "hello."
- Offer complements
- Engage with the crowd
These are ways to be active in a highly active venue and stand out at a conference. Present your best customer service and people will respond.
- Start Early: Part of the best tradeshow marketing strategy is to start early. With digital marketing and email marketing, you don't have to wait until the day of the show to entice people to come by your booth. Start months in advance. Develop a trade show booth marketing plan months in advance.
- Send emails that invite people to visit you.
- Blog about the event and build excitement.
- Give something away to your online audience or to people who cannot make it.
- Use social media to prospect and engage with customers early.
- Offer live video from the event; create a live podcast, or Facebook Live event.
People are there for a reason, being the reason they are there will bring in more leads.
- Make it fun: Adults love to rediscover things from their childhood. Entice your buyer’s persona with retro toys that fit their age. At Image3D we have plenty of ideas for creating a take-away that will be remembered.
- Offer a photo shoot
- Interview visitors as part of your live video feed
- Give out marketing material like a free custom photo reel.
- Offer a contest or drawing for a free 3D Viewer.
People love free things, fun things, and most importantly, they love laughing. Give everyone who visits your booth a reason to laugh and they will remember you for a long time.
Be sure to include long-term results as part of your trade show marketing strategy. Invite people to visit your social media sites after the event to win prizes or to see pictures from the event. Standing out in an active venue can be easy if you plan it out ahead of time.